"Where there is no counsel, the people fall; but in the multitude of counselors there is safety." Proverbs 11:14

Saturday 16 June 2012

Letter to Dad


Today being Father's Day I would like to dedicate this to all the wonderful Father's all around the world! God bless all the Fathers.
Happy Father's Day!

There are so many things I'd like
To tell you face to face;
I either lack the words or fail
To find the time or place.
But in this special letter, Dad,
You'll find, at least in part,
The feelings that the passing years
Have left within my heart.

The memories of childhood days
And all that you have done
To make our home a happy place
And growing up such fun.
I still recall the walks we took,
The games we often played;
Those confidential chats we had
While resting in the shade.

This letter comes to thank you, Dad,
For needed words of praise;
The counsel and the guidance, too,
That shaped my grown-up days.
No words of mine can tell you, Dad
The things I really feel;
But you must know my love for you
Is lasting, warm, and real.

You made my world a better place
And through the coming years,
I'll keep these memories of you
As cherished souvenirs!
                            
                                       - AUTHOR UNKNOWN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
- T Walling